Company: Steere Engineering, Inc.
Location: Warwick, RI
Position: Senior Bridge Engineer
Steere Engineering Incorporated is a DBE certified civil engineering firm offering bridge, contractor support, structural, highway, traffic, environmental permitting, NBIS bridge inspection, and 3D CAD modeling and rendering services. Steere takes a simple, yet innovative approach to complex challenges combining our commitment to quality, our integrity, and many years of experience in a wide range of engineering endeavors to deliver projects that are responsive to our client’s needs as well as budget and schedule. As a result, since being incorporated in 2010 Steere has rapidly grown from 1 engineer to a team of over 30 employees.
Steere is seeking a senior bridge engineer with 5 to 10 years’ experience to join our team and assist with roadway and railroad projects throughout New England. The senior bridge engineer role will blend technical expertise with project management to a level commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience, qualifications, and motivation. The successful candidate shall be experienced in structural engineering as it relates to bridges and have the leadership and organizational skills necessary to lead and manage a team of engineers on all types of bridge design and rating projects.
- Management of structural analysis and design, load rating of roadway and rail bridges, and contract document preparation (plans, specifications, estimate) for design/build and conventional bridge projects.
- Management of project budget and schedule.
- Coordination and communication with clients, sub-consultants, and team members.
- Quality review of work products.
- Proposal preparation and Scope and Fee development.
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in bridge engineering.
- Bachelors (minimum) and Masters (preferred) degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- PE license or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Ability to manage projects from preliminary planning through completion.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in structural analysis software such as SAP, STAAD, or similar
Steere is an equal opportunity employer. Steere provides full package of benefits including a generous 401k matching program.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Steere Engineering, Inc.
2350 Post Road, Suite 100
Warwick, RI 02886