Company: Steere Engineering, Inc.
Location: Warwick, RI
Position: NBIS Bridge Inspection Staff Inspector
Steere Engineering, Inc. is a fast growing Bridge, Structural, and Civil Engineering firm performing bridge and building structural design, temporary works design and construction support, highway and traffic design, environmental permitting, and bridge and building inspection and evaluation.
Steere is seeking a Civil Engineer graduate to perform National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) bridge inspections as a Staff Inspector. The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, be interested in using their engineering skills in the field to perform NBIS bridge inspection, and will have the organizational skills necessary to use their field notes and photographs to prepare inspection reports. A mix of outdoor and office work is required. This is a full time, 40 hours/week position with a mix of daytime and overnight inspections in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut. Team Leader qualification/experience is a plus.
- Perform bridge inspections
- Preparation of bridge inspection reports in accordance with various state requirements
- Assist with project budget and schedule management
- Assist with coordination with clients, equipment rental, traffic control
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Desire to perform a mix of outdoor and office work using engineering skills to find deficiencies in bridge structures.
- Desire to work with a spirit of teamwork to help build the company in our early years
Steere is an equal opportunity employer. Steere provides a competitive salary and a full package of benefits, including a generous 401k matching program.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Steere Engineering, Inc.
2350 Post Road, Suite 100
Warwick, RI 02886